STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The service provider Laplink Technical Services (Pty) Ltd, registration number 2017/228563/07 hereafter Laplink.
CONFIRMATION OF BOOKINGS
Once a Booking Request Form has been completed and submitted by the client, Laplink Training Solutions will send a Course Confirmation Form to the client. This form will contain the relevant course information required for registration, attendance and payment.
- Payment of course fees to be submitted to Laplink on or before the first day of course commencement.
- Terms for corporate clients, with prior arrangements, are 30 days from date of invoice.
- Interest of Prime plus 6% (six percent) will be charged on outstanding accounts.
- Proof of payment must be sent through to Laplink on or before commencement of course.
EXCLUDED FROM PRICING
All pricing is exclusive of travelling, accommodation and subsistence allowances.
REGISTRATION AND COURSE ATTENDANCE
- Registration takes place from 08h30. Delegates are to complete an Attendance Register each morning on arrival.
- Training starts promptly at 09h00 and finishes at 16h00.
- Delegates may not be accompanied by anybody, with the exception of delegates who are physically or otherwise impaired/and or where prior arrangements have been made.
- No animals are allowed inside the classroom, with the exception of guide dogs
RESCHEDULING OF COURSES
- Dates for re-scheduling of courses are to be submitted in writing to Laplink at least 5 working days before course commencement. In the event of this not happening, a fee of 20% of the proposed and accepted course fee will be charged.
- Laplink reserves the right to, cancel or change the venue of courses at its discretion. Should this be the case, the client will be advised at least two working days in advance via fax/email and telephonically.
- Laplink cannot be held responsible should a delegate
- book for the wrong course by the client or an authorized employee
- be on an inappropriate level or version of the course
- not have the pre-requisites as stated in the relevant course outlines.
- All cancellations are to be received in writing by Laplink.
- Where cancellations are received 2 working days or less prior to the course, fees are payable in full.
- Delegates not arriving for a course will be charged the full course fee and therefore for subject to a refund or rescheduled on a future course.
- Cancellations between 3and 5 working days prior to the commencement date are subject to a 50% cancellation fee
- Cancellation fees will be waived if an approved substitute attends on place of the original delegate.
- Refunds of any monies resulting from the above must be applied for in writing and will be at the directors’ discretion only.
- Smoking will only be allowed outside in designated areas.
- Cellular phones are to be switched off during training hours unless in exceptional circumstances and approval of the instructor.
- Refreshments during training: no eating and drinking will be allowed during the training sessions or in the classrooms. Tea, coffee and lunch will be provided in the designated breakaway area at tea times and at lunch time.
- Valuables (including course material) should be secured at all times. See Disclaimer 13.1
- Please note that in the event of a prolonged municipal power failure delegates may not leave the training on their own account.
- Reference material/and or training material may not be copied or duplicated under any circumstances.
Manuals and course material given to delegates attending courses are subject to copyright laws and as such may under no circumstances be copied or distributed without the express written permission of the copyright holder or author ON-SITE TRAINING
- Where courses are presented at the client’s premises, the client will be responsible for providing refreshments and luncheons.
- Unless otherwise quoted, the client will be responsible for:
- Supplying the necessary equipment (PC’’s, Overhead projector, Printers and whiteboard)
- Software, server authorizations (log-in)
- Training aids.
- Preparing the venue and arranging access to the premises for the applicable lecturer.
- All travelling related costs, including but not limited to flight, car hire/km’s, accommodation, substance and parking costs.
- Course scheduling will be carried out by Laplink in conjunction with the client, however delegate scheduling and confirmation to be carried out by the client.
- Deviations – Restricted access to client premises or venue, supply of a non-functional technology system and not allowing and not adhering to or compromising stipulated pre-requisites could prevent on-time delivery of serves by Laplink. In this instance, and where it directly affects project progress, changes to scope and costing will be applicable.
- Delegates and Laplink staff may not in any form whatsoever entice, encourage or approach each other’s employees with the view of offering them employment or enticing them to leave the employ of the respective companies.
- Annual Price Review – Laplink reviews its pricing annually during February of each year and reserves the right to implement the price lists effective 1 March each year.
EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS
- Laplink reserves the right to change it pricing caused by exchange rate fluctuations where these materially affect the price of services and/or course offerings.
Presentation and/or attendance of courses are subject to these Terms and Conditions, which exclude liability for loss or damage to any person(s) and/or property, whether or not such loss and/or damage has been caused by any negligence of Laplink , its employees, agents, partners, representatives, service providers and/or sub-contractors.